A lot of us have adopted a healthy lifestyle with an hour of exercise 5 days a week. How true is this when it comes to adopting healthy eating habits throughout the day, all week long?
Isn’t that where we all fail and wonder why our workout routine doesn’t make a difference. Well! That’s because your workout depends on healthy eating as well!
Does that mean you have to live on salads and juices to make a difference?
Not at all! Adopt healthy recipes by indulging in ingredients that are not only healthy food dietary supplements but wholesome as well.
Raw Banana flour!
Baking with banana flour is a great alternative to wheat flour. It is considered as a dietary product.
According to dietary fads like paleo and primal diets, as well as recent nutritional studies, raw banana flour is made of bananas and is often used as a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour.
Due to the use of bananas, raw banana flour has a very mild banana flavour which gives perfect taste to homemade brownies, pancakes, tea-time cakes, waffles, bread and even chappati. In addition, green banana flour has a texture reminiscent of lighter wheat flours and requires about 25% less volume, which makes it an excellent substitute for white and white whole wheat flour. In recent years, banana flour online has gained popularity among those suffering from celiac disease, gluten intolerance, fitness freaks and obese people.
In today’s recipe, we are covering tasty, healthy and wholesome Banana flour pancakes. Easy to make, difficult to resist!
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 5 minutes
Total time – 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Rite Eat Raw banana Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Almonds – 1 tsp (grated)
Steps to Prepare:
- Stir the ground flax seeds and water a few times and set aside for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Mix the flour with the baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir in the flax meal, milk, vanilla, and vinegar to make an even dough.
- Heat coconut oil in a flat pan over medium-low. To make a pancake, add about 1/4 cup of the batter.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and bubbles form on top. Then flip it over and cook it for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat!
- Serve warm with a drizzle of pure maple syrup or honey or caramel for sweetness. Garnish with grated almonds and fruits of your choice. Your no cheat happy meal is ready!
Enjoy the pancakes guilt-free while keeping diet and check! You can also use the same recipe and try No sugar multigrain flour cake by replacing multigrain flour with banana flour.